POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34) : Re: Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34) Server Time
4 Jul 2024 13:21:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Shutdown when saving during parsing (beta 34)
From: clipka
Date: 18 Oct 2009 12:08:59
Message: <4adb3d9b@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot schrieb:

> When saving a scene while it parses, an access violation exception at
> address 0x030eb9a0 is generated and POV-Ray is shut down. In versions lower
> than 3.7 this only generates a warning. I added the mini dump file.

There must be some additional constraints for this to lead to a crash; I
accidently did that over and over again the last few days, and always
just saw a warning message.

Windows XP x64.

Though I vaguely remember having encountered such a crash myself once;
may have been on the 32-bit machine, I'm not too sure about it.